What to eat to prepare for the colder days
Atualizado: 17 de fev. de 2022
The shorter days, cooler nights, drier weather and orange leaves falling from the trees foretell the end of summer and the beginning of autumn, the season that prepares us for winter.
At the change of season, immune depressions are common, leaving us more susceptible to illness. Mood swings and symptoms of depression and anxiety, as well as exacerbated hair loss, the flu, colds and allergies are common in this season.
We present you some of the foods that can help you get in a better mood in this season and also the health benefits that they present.
1. Grape: this fruit is rich in fibre, which helps regulate intestinal transit, B-complex vitamins and antioxidants, which are important for reinforcing the immune system and clearing it of undesirable compounds.
2. Pumpkin: is very rich from a nutritional point of view, it contains fibre, antioxidants and essential nutrients for eye health, skin and reinforcement of the immune system (vitamin A and beta-carotenes, vitamin C, magnesium and iron).
3. Spinach: very rich in vitamins (A, folic acid, C and K), minerals (iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium), fibre and polyunsaturated fatty acids. It is a powerful source of antioxidants that protect the body from the action of free radicals, contributing to the increase of the body's natural defences and to slow down cellular ageing.
4. Chestnuts: rich in complex carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins A, C and E, potassium and folic acid.
5. Pomegranates: Rich in vitamin C, carotenes, tannins (compounds important for regulating the digestive system) and fibre.
6. Persimmon: rich in fibre, vitamin C, tannins and carotenes, boosting the body's defences. Helps prevent cramps and skin problems.
7. Sweet potato: rich in beta-carotenes, vitamin A and fibre, it also has complex carbohydrates which help maintain satiety for longer time.
8. Cabbage: very rich in fibre, iron and B vitamins and vitamin C.
9. Citrus fruits: are fruits with high nutritional value, which strengthen the immune system not only because of vitamin C, but also because of fibre, antioxidants and folic acid.